The followings are some basic instructions of the regular inspection of foam filled fenders.
1. Inspect condition of the fender-to-pier connection hardware. Check for operability and signs of corrosion. Check to ensure that the fender is constrained horizontally so that it contacts the bearing surface for its full length. Ensure that the fender is free to float with the tide vertically and rotate around its long axis.
2. Visually inspect condition of the fender chain and tire net for net fenders. Check to see that the chain is symmetrical on the fender and that the end fittings are in good working order. Ensure that the chains are protected from the ship hull by the tires, and that the net is not loose.
3. Visually inspect condition of end fittings on netless fenders. Check to see that the fittings are in good working order and that corrosion is minimal. Check to see that the fender shell is not cracked or separated around end fittings.
4. Inspect condition of the fender elastomer shell. Check for cuts, tears, and punctures. Record the size and location of damage on a sketch.
5. Measure or estimate the diameter of the fender at its smallest point to record permanent set.
For more details please contact us without hesitate.
Feel free to contact us if you have any comments or inquires and one of our skilled staff representatives will contact you within the next business day.